Many times, we can feel self-conscious about the shape or size of our breasts. Some may even suffer from low self-esteem thanks to this problem. However, thanks to advances in medicine and cosmetic surgery, we can now solve that problem with breast augmentation with fat or implants.
This type of surgery can be done in 2 ways: With fat or with implants. But which one is the best? What benefits and risks does each have? Continue reading so you know everything related to this procedure, and decide what you prefer: Breast augmentation with fat or implants?
What is Breast Augmentation with Own Fat?
Breast augmentation with own fat or lipofilling, consists in performing the increase in breast volume with the patient’s own fat, which we have previously extracted from other body areas. With this we managed to symmetrize the breasts in a very natural way and a better quality of the tissues. Breast lipofilling is an appropriate treatment in those patients who do not give up improving the shape or size of their chest but do not want prostheses.
We can also use a mixed technique, which combines the filling with fat of the patient with a prosthesis of smaller size and therefore less noticeable, achieving a very natural result and with fewer possible future complications. In these cases, the patient also improves her body silhouette, by improving her contour after previous liposuction surgery to remove the fat that will then be used to reshape the breast.
Like all surgery, the patient must go to prior consultations to undergo the necessary evaluations: physical, psychological, laboratory tests. And, in the case of breast surgery with lipofilling, the doctor will analyze the amount of skin where the graft will be placed, the percentage of localized fat, among other essential observations. All in order to determine if the person is a candidate or not for breast augmentation with lipofilling. Whatever the result, the specialist should guide the patient as best as possible so that in the end the result of the surgery is optimal.
The first thing that is done is to extract the accumulated fat through a liposuction. With the use of special cannulas part of the adipose tissue is obtained, without altering the circulation of fat cells. The plastic surgery orange county specialist filters the fat and centrifuges it. With this technique you will get more live cells.
Breast Augmentation Implants
Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation or Breast Augmentation, is a surgical procedure that increases the size, shape and projection of the bust in a woman through breast implants. The implant size is selected according to the increase you want to achieve and depending on the characteristics of the breasts. The intention is to achieve a natural volume of the bust.
How is breast Augmentation Performed with Implants?
Before beginning the procedure, the surgeon will mark the movements necessary for the incisions or for the placement of the implants. Depending on the type of breast implant insertion, the scars are almost imperceptible. It is good that the surgeon and the patient agree which incision options are appropriate for the desired result. Incision options include:
- The advantage is that the scar is not lodged in the breast. And the main problem is that it is not known if it affects axillary lymphatic drainage.
- The one performed in the lower half of the areolar circumference. It will be ideal when the areola is large or medium size, pinkish in color and with a poorly defined contour or boundary. A poorly made scar in the peri areolar area is something that is very easily seen.
- Breast augmentation is performed without touching the breast, which allows you to directly approach the pectoral muscle to elevate it by performing submuscular augmentation.
Differences between Increase with Fat or Implants
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most performed surgeries in cosmetic surgery. Breast augmentation can be performed with fat or lipofilling (using the patient’s own fat or autologous fat), with anatomical or round prostheses. We present the differences between each technique:
Naturalness / touch:
- When using an implant, the naturalness will depend on whether the patient’s tissue provides much or little coverage that can hide the fact that there is a prosthesis under the breast. In addition, the touch will depend largely on the type of implant used and the cohesiveness of the silicone gel.
- We use the patient’s own tissue, so it is the technique that leads to greater naturalness, both to the touch and the inability to be detected.
- Breast prostheses wear out over time and become broken, so the result will require a replacement of the implants at that time, and with it a new surgical intervention.
- The grafted fatty tissue will survive partially, so there will be an initial volume loss in the first months and then the result will be permanent, behaving like the rest of the fat in reference to the weight increases or losses.
- The limitation of the volume that can be achieved in this case will be given by the dimensions of the chest and the elasticity of the skin, but it is easy to achieve a volume adapted to the patient’s taste.
- With this technique the limitation of the volume obtained will be given by the availability of body fat that we can use, and mainly by the amount of fat that can be put at once and survive. It is difficult to get volumes above 150-200 ml. Sometimes to get more volume a second intervention is necessary.
- Depending on whether it is an only augmentation surgery or the breast must be remodeled due to some congenital malformation, the operating time ranges from 1-2,5h.
- In this technique it is necessary to add to the time of the fatty graft the previous liposuction and the processing of the fat to obtain the adipose tissue, so it will be a technique generally longer than the previous one, between 3-4,5h.
Do you have any doubt? You can clarify all your doubts directly in the consultation through searching best plastic surgeon near me with our experts doctors, they will give you a detailed and personalized evaluation and will give you a budget according to your needs. Book your appointment here at looksurgery.com.